This timeline is based on the elven Scroll of Years. There have been three Ages before the current one, as the elves record time, with a prehistory era called the Time of Years. The Scroll is defined by the Witch Queen and the Shadow; the coronation of the former marks the beginning of known history, while the Ages are marked by the escalation of Izrador’s power in Eredane. What follows are only the most important years. For a more complete timeline, see page 22 of the core book. But be aware that, for human and fey alike, most are aware of only the time since the Last Age began. Only a few races retain any sense of the time before Izrador won the last war, and even then, those existing outside of cities do not get much in the way of history lessons.
- The Sundering: In the far distant past, long before the Scroll of Years began, the elthedar (or elder fey) inhabited the world. Their civilizations were advanced and magic was commonplace. But a war broke out in the heavens, and the dark god Izrador was cast out. His revenge on those who exiled him was to corrupt the magic of his enemies. The metaphysical walls that were meant to imprison the Shadow instead cut off all communication between mortals and the Heavens. The gods could no longer reach their Aryth-bound children. In addition, the physical form of the dark god crashing into the planet caused an apocalypse. The elthedar were all but destroyed. The few who did survive would eventually evolve into the younger fey races.
- Year 1, First Age: Aradil the Witch Queen is crowned monarch of all the elves.
- Year 3951, First Age: The Dorns first land on Eredane’s shores.
- Year 5133, First Age: The first rise of Izrador. The First Age ends with the peoples of Eredane uniting to repel the evil horde.
- Year 230, Second Age: Sarcosan armies invade southern Eredane.
- Year 318, Second Age: The elves and Sarcosans agree on terms for a peace treaty.
- Year 853, Second Age: The war between the Dorns and Sarcosans finally ends.
- Year 1920, Second Age: The second rise of Izrador. His tactics this time are tentative, but tenacious. Rather than a single influx of orcs, the armies of the Shadow attack in shifting waves for almost 30 years.
- Year 1948, Second Age: Dragons join the fray on the side of the humans and fey. Izrador’s forces are defeated, but at great cost. The Second Age ends.
- Year 897, Third Age: Jahzir Kamael, former Lord General of the Erenland armies, returns from captivity a twisted servant of the Shadow—a Night King. He leads the dark armies to victory in the Last Battle. The Third Age ends.
- Year 1, Last Age: With Erenland conquered, Izrador’s forces begin their assault on Erethor and the Kaladruns.
- Year 99, Last Age: Present day.